Over a month, the escaltors have been out of service at University station. Anything could be happening behind the locked white wooden walls. And while the true reasons might be legitimate*, secretly, I believe "they" are trying to help with new year's resolutions of "get more exercise". I've played into "their" plans by taking the stairs, but some are just bypassing the health properties (and maybe saving a little time) by cramming the elevators.
Are there some (a lot of / signficant?) energy savings by not having the escalators run all the time (net of extra elevator usage)? Though I have to agree with
Dan - it's nice not having to take the stairs when I'm tired.
On the way home: (left) Even metal busts need a little extra warmth, sometimes. I wonder if "they" considered it vandalism. Or an inspired act of guerilla art from
The P.L.A.I.N. Janes**? I never noticed Sir Winston Churchill's half-smile before (in my head it's always
the Karsh caught grimmace). But apparently he smiles when he's ready for a fight***...
I certainly smiled.
* The rumour is that they're fixing damage from a water-main break over the holidays.
** People Loving Art in Neighborhoods
***
Lessons of Manliness from Winston Churchill - A fun tribute
1 comment:
From Slate.com - some interesting stats about escalator energy usage, plus a tiny tip on how to be a smidge greener when using escalators:
http://www.slate.com/id/2262690/
Post a Comment