Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Family Day at the Square

"Jermy Dutchins?  Who's that?"
~ Kevin, who doesn't quite have the ear for the accent

The magic show was lacklustre and I was worried that downtown for Family Day activities would end up being an outing failure.  But "Tall Paul [Birkendam] Dude" saved the day... oh, along with the free popcorn and balloon creations later found at other sites. 

We took a break in the Winspear Centre (with popcorn and "jammie dodgers").















Then headed over to the City Hall for a Firefly Theatre presentation.














Celina was disappointed that everything was closing up - no skating afterall.  But she seemed pretty happy to use what was left of her balloon flower as a "boom". 

 











There was still some time before Theresa was to come and pick us up - so it was a short trip to the library.  I can't believe how tired I felt after really such a short day.  Mom likes to say I that I used to be energetic and bouncing around like they are (and now I lay around like a lump). 

It was all worth it though:

Kevin: You're my favourite auntie.
Celina: You only have two.
Kevin: No, I mean all the other aunties. 

Nice. 

No comments: