"I've got my files. I've got my red pen. I'm ready to extend my way to ecstasy." ~ Morgan
Usually when you hear growling, one should step away. I however peeked into the filing cabinets to see what was going on. Finding that it was Janet, I ducked back behind the partition. She is one powerful woman, and I don't want to be in her path if she growling. Though I rationally know nothing would happen. Other news in work: a turn for the better! Morgan joined our team. She's fun. A bit (a lot?) sarcastic... so I'm not entirely sure if she finds me funny... or just um... crazy. But we get along so far. And I look forward to getting rid of some files!
I did think after the exam that I would get some sleep... but really... I've been rotting my brain on stuff such as listening to Candace Bushnell's Sex and the City. Liked it infinitely more than Lipstick Jungle. Both worlds were unbelievable - but had some pretty strong female characters. I think I can understand the appeal of the show... hm... did they do one on "Bicycle Boys"?
Friday Feast, at Erik's turned into quite the event. Beth and I called Erik from the grocery store ahead of time to see what was needed. A cry of "Cheese!" from the background let me know that Rem was there. And when we got there, found there was also the (in)famous Cam. Was waiting for a "Cam Fact"... but it didn't seem to materialise. Drunk on dark hot chocolate, and some awesome comfort food (I declined on a "salad" that was made of coolwhip and something green), we retired to Erik's living room. A review of the shelf revealed some very interesting games (one of which had the potential to help broaden my vocabulary "street" style). And then it was the moment of truth: Karoke! In a word: fun! So they chalked up my excitement to being Asian, but before long, everyone (sans Jen - "I do not give into peer pressure") was singing. Some "Red Red Wine" for Michael, and a "Son of a Preacher Man" for Beth... Steph, Beth, and I declared "Girls just Wanna have Fun". Some of us danced with our avatars. And someone got to play the spoons *smug look*
Practicing for the competition has also been good. A super big thank you goes to Pib for all his help. Now if I only my brain (and body) can remember all these awesome tips that we've been getting. The workshops with Dominic on the weekend were truly inspiring. The lines he referred to seemed so easy (once he pointed them out). And it was all in a version that I could digest. Not once did he say "pain is good". Rather he referred to the idea of - when it's done right, it shouldn't be a struggle. The physics of the move will carry the move. Wow. Little particles dance in my head, with leading vector lines and comet tails...
Now, if I would only not confuse myself more with other dance classes... such as Argentine Tango! It was a crazy last minute drop in class. I had so much fun with Chris! It reminded me how great it is to not have a Tuesday night taken up by accounting. Overall, pretty low key, and not once did we talk about the music, but of course I loved the music. And now I have 3 more options (before letting go and walking away) when the music stops.
Found out that the "mom" inside me can make an impact: Pib brushed his teeth on trip to Calgary. With that, I am proud. Hm... did Darren? Ah, toothbrushes...
And as we watched the cheerleaders in WEM, an alpacha walks by. Catherine: One day I'll own an alpacha.
Happy Birthday, Christiana!
4 comments:
I am grateful that there wasn't too much pressure for me to sing. I have my reasons. I would dearly love to be the kind person who can get up and sing in front of people, but I'm just not there within myself yet. Maybe one day . . .
Thanks for the present and birthday wishes!! From one totally organic girl to another.
You shouldn't have turned down the green salad - it's good :)
The green creamy "salad" challenged my ideas of salad just a little too much. Like that Top Hat "salad" that we still talk about.
Post a Comment