Friday, 22 September 2006

"Listen to your heart, but pay particular attention to your liver, because your heart is a little unreliable sometimes, but your liver will never lie to you. Also, your spleen is pretty trustworthy. But when your kidneys start talking to you, it's time to quit drinking."
~ Better, Deeper, More Advanced Inspiration Quote from The Dog Ate My Resume by Zack and Larry Arnstein.

The CBC radio says it's Day 10 of rainy weather. I'm dragging my feet to work, but other people are making the best of it. Imagine finding him (left) perched on top of the watertank in the women's bathroom. *smile* Cute isn't he? Others have been redeveloping a filing system with gusto. To each their own.

Lidia broke her tooth again - the second time this month... ah so hard to resist the lure of caramels... "Sometimes I think if I was really grown up..." Thankfully my encounters with caramels haven't been so bad.

Went to the dentist Wednesday and glad to report that the wiggly tooth is not falling out. And no cavities either! Other signs of falling apart are being attributed to patellar tendinitis. Drugs have been prescribed, and soon I'll be dancing with... well... minimal complaining.

Rem tried "reminding me" about rational and irrational numbers. And Celina tried to trick me with a few French phrases. Really peoples, I didn't think I needed to know this stuff after high school.

Anyway, should head back to work. *sigh* Almost there!

Oh, almost forgot the other big news! An interesting twist of events: I am no longer TAing at St. Basil’s for the Newcomer II and Pre-Bronze class. Instead, I’ll be teaching at Dinwoodie for Newcomer I! Anxious about it all, but excited too. Next week classes start!

5 comments:

Stuffy said...

WHAT???!!! We were so looking forward to having you teach us! Harrumph. Does this mean I have to go back to Level 1?

Congrats, though - I gather teaching means you're the head gal for that class? Good show!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lana! Remember to be super sassy because now you're the center of attention and everyone's eyes will be on you. Don't worry, you'll be awesome! Jive and waltz are easy! Partying it up at a Newfie bar tonight so keep your eyes peeled on my blog!

Lana said...

People watching... *gulp*

In that case, Steph & Rem, you definitely can't come into our class! For one thing it's full. And for another, I'm sure you'll ask pesky questions like proper footwork and stuff. I don't think anyone should be asking me those types of questions. Ever. :P

Thanks for the encouragement though - I hope to do you proud!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lana! Glad your teeth aren't falling out! :) Congrats on your teaching! Can I come on wednesdays to harass you and Darren? I need pointers for the tuesday class Mel & I are teaching.

In other news: What's this lunar calendar thing? And when's your birthday on it? Is it very far from your real birthday? Does that mean I have to get you even MORE presents? :) I want two birthdays!

Anyway, have fun today! I'll see you in TA class! Eat lotsa good cake, and save a piece for me :)

Lana said...

More presents? Well... that would be up to you :P Lunar calendars are still used in old China for festivals and feast days - all based on the moon. So it's easy to tell when the full moon is (and when one should stay indoors and away from dog-like creatures). As for "is it close to my real birthday?" - here's a clue: It intersected at some point with my regular one!

No way are you, Pib, going to get pointers from me - I'll be going to your class to be getting pointers from you!