.. and where Sir Wilfred Laurier gets a bit Trek-ish
Rem rang in Chinese New Year early with a Chinese themed Feast. A long list of ingredients (right) made for many deliciously interesting dishes.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
While I had been expecting special guests (Anne and Del) I didn't expect Anne's parents to be there too. Later, another surprise - Jono and Dawn's new baby, Arilyn!
After we've finished the main course, Rem worked on dessert, a red bean nian gao, and poured drinks.
Perhaps we were getting a little tipsy (or simply the nature of Feast turns to the silly) - Stephen pulls out a five-dollar bill and shows us how to "Spock" it.
Na had to leave before the nian gao was completed, but I was pleasantly surprised with Rem's wheat flour version (per Paul, another "thing within a thing").
Traditionally, on New Year's Eve, the entire family gets together for a reunion dinner. It seemed very fitting to have spent New Year's Eve Eve with the Feast family. Thank you, Rem & Steph!



No comments:
Post a Comment