Tuesday, 2 February 2010

These Shoes were Made for Dancing

Behold!  The new shoe! 

Dorthea did not disappoint.  From my (mostly) basic requirements and measurements, she managed to round a dozen pair of shoes.  After over an hour of trying and re-trying, Paul and I decided on this one: A lovely Diamant with some pretty detailing that had the sturdiest (thickest) 1 1/2" Latin heel in the place.  Most importantly: It's comfortable! 

I can hardly wait to wear them, but of course, I also want to save them for a special occassion... Hm... Formation it is!  Things have been moving along in that front.  The theme and the music have been set (though all is a secret - shh...) and if someone were to be peeking into our last rehearsal, they would have seen lots of running and hopping - good stuff!   

The regular dance season has been off to a reasonably good start.  Aside from working on counting aloud, I also have to work on names.  Of all the memory lapses!  I managed to stumble in introducing to the class the very TA who I've known the longest (who is still in the club): Shane.  Yep, he made sure to tease me about it. 

No comments: