Sunday, 1 September 2013

The J Boys Are Back in Town

Canadian Tire -- The place for belt buckles. 

Paul models a musical one (unfortunately, no tubas), but then we find one even more fitting (see 2nd photo).
















After our errand, the whole bunch of us head home - to our house!  I was so excited to show it off to Jack and Jeff (while it was still relatively clean from the house warming).

They seemed to think it was o.k. if a bit boring (no television or game system?!) and were a bit skeptical of our snacks ("It looks... healthy..."). 


The latter wasn't really that big of a concern: They'd bought Kevin and Celina contraband snacks (snuck past parents in their jackets) so had plenty to nosh on while we waited.  My thought: We're going eat dinner in soon!  

Anyway, Dad's birthday dinner was the main feature Jack and Jeff were in town for. 

Though I was glad to see them (alive and in regular spirits) and to play dancing games with them at Celina and Kevin's, I also resented them for pushing me out of the kids' "favourites" rankings -- less than two weeks ago they thought I was great




But who can compete with exciting and indulgent cousins?  Certainly not "hipster*" auntie. 

Well, I'm still not going to buy them junk food... at least not large quantities when it's not their birthday.  Take that!



-------------------------------------
* Their definition is a mash up of "tree hugging hippy" and "so un-mainstream it wraps around to be almost cool again". 

No comments: