Monday, 2 September 2013

Funny Face (and Body)

Encouraged by the nice photos from our March shoot, Paul suggested we do another... outside.

The weather forecast was in our favour... I had some ideas up my sleeve... But the fact we weren't going to be in the house made me anxious: What the heck should I bring? Clothing... props... make-up? I couldn't bring all my stuff (though I could try).

Backpack and one duffel bag full, on campus and quiet spot* found: Here I go!

Jump!  Cartwheel!  Eyes wide awake!  In my head I was Audrey Hepburn in the Funny Face photos (really should see the actual movie...).  But, unfortunately, my energy didn't last. 

It's hard channeling someone I clearly was not / did not look like.  The preliminaries showed me how disappointingly far from the mark I was. 

A change of clothes later, I was completely out of the mood.  We tried some things with scarfs... changed locations... Frustrated and tired, I changed back into my most comfortable outfit and let my hair down.  There was some potential in those last ones before we called it a day.  And then there was the long bus ride home.  I think Paul was still hopeful there were good ones.  I'm not sure. 

-------------------------------------------

* It was all pretty quiet, but Mr. Anderson and Shannon happened to be there.  He's back in school this term! 

No comments: