People come by with some grand plans. I'm not sure I like how they're scoping out cubicle - deciding where things should go. But it's just part of things. In the great office shuffle, our team is going upstairs and another team is moving into our space. So, all this is reasonable, but it doesn't mean it isn't awkward. Not only is everyone staring at my messiness, they're also talking as thought I wasn't there.
On the other side of things, there's the space we're going to: All offices and no cubicles. Sounds pretty nice. But there a snag: There aren't enough window offices for everyone to have one.
So... I have one. I was given first choice because of my seniority, but it still put me in a bit of a difficult position. I felt almost selfish for saying yes, I wanted the window. Now that I've made the choice, I hope it doesn't make others upset and change our current friendly work dynamic.
Even though we're all thinking this will be overall a nice change, I'm also surprised it's happening: There's budget to do this now?
Meanwhile, in the real world, the Boston Marathon bombings. I am shocked and sad. The only glimmer of hope in all this are the people stepping up to help. That's incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment