Monday, 30 July 2007

Hot with a Hint of Fuzz

A hot summer day - what better than to head out to the City Hall fountains for a good splash?  Steph and Na indulge and pose for me.  Na provides a second umbrella and that helps to keep us fairly dry (and mildly sun protected). 

After some splashing, stomping, and general goofing off, we walk a couple of blocks to check out the fairly new Reuse Centre.  What a find!  I'm delighted with the $ 2 fee I picked up a copy of Sarah Slean's Night Bugs and a whole lot of magazines.  Will have to visit again (there were plenty of bins of craft and paper supplies that I didn't get to).  Steph reminds me what I really should do next visit is to bring things in...

Next day, Catherine and I go to a movie.  In the one of the few dollar theatres around we see Hot Fuzz.  Boy, was I confused.  There were definitely elements of goofiness, but when Simon Pegg's character is alone with his houseplant and everything just seems quiet and sad, I really thought this was going to be a drama.  I was very wrong.  Soon there was small town intrigue, gun fights, and car chases.  Catherine explains to me afterwards why she found it so funny: It's a spoof on buddy cop movies.  Oh... I think we need to add some buddy cop movies to my pop culture education "Lana to Watch" list. 

No comments: